Expert Safety Tips
Every month one of our team of safety consultants and advisors shares one of their top safety tips.
Some simple steps you can take to reduce and prevent injuries are:
1) Ensure all crew leaders are comfortable demonstrating the correct use of the ladder.
2) Always start the season by demonstrating the correct use of the ladder.
3) Crew leaders should follow up with each individual worker to observe, reinforce and correct ladder practises. The leader should ensure they provide both positive and corrective direction.
4) A crew talk on the importance of only following accepted practises a short time into the season will be beneficial.
5) Owners, supervisors and crew leaders need to document ladder training and any corrective actions taken for their due diligence.
When all else fails taking the worker not following safe practises aside and doing a complete retraining will help encourage compliance moving forward.
– Carol Reid, Okanagan Safety Consultant
– David Nguyen, Lower Mainland Safety Advisor