12 October 2017
AgSafe was pleased to be able to attend this year’s CASA Conference in Edmonton. Here are a few of the highlights:
- The conference opened by AgSafe’s Executive Director Wendy Bennett, who is also the CASA Board of Directors Chair (pictured below).
- The first panel discussion “On the Record: Working Safety on the Farm”, featured our own Trevor Tapp who discussed emergency planning and the need to involve neighbouring farms in your plans (pictured below).
- Working safely with Marijuana: Presentations highlighting the key occupational health and safety considerations for workers in marijuana production facilities and the challenges in monitoring exposure for workers.
- Panel presentation on new & emerging technologies in agriculture including robotics, drones, autonomous machinery, high-speed tractors etc. Focus on safety of workers who work around this new technology.
- Emergency Preparedness workshop with an emphasis on grain handling and grain emergencies. There was also a demonstration of CASA’s BeGrainSafe Mobile Unit (pictured below).
We’d also like to congratulate Wendy on being re-elected as the Chair of the CASA Board of Directors. In addition, Dan Trottier & Karl Klotzbach were elected to the 2017/2018 board (pictured below), congratulations to them all.
If you would like more information about any of the workshops or information from the conference please email CASA.
Share this Post