Certificate of Recognition
(COR) for Large Employers
20 or More Full Time Employees
The Certificate of Recognition program is an incentive program recognizing and rewarding employers for implementing an effective Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) program which demonstrates a commitment to workplace health and safety. Participation in the program is voluntary.
The COR program is a natural extension of your existing health and safety program. Our Consultants and Advisors will help you fill the gaps in your safety program and decide if now is the right time to take part in the COR program.
COR certification is offered by WorkSafeBC and delivered through the Certifying Partners program. AgSafe is the COR Certifying Partner for employers in the Agricultural industry.
See the Benefits of Improving Your Safety Plan with COR
commitment to workplace health and safety
shorter claims duration.
WorkSafeBC provides incentive payments to
COR certified companies in good standing.
COR Certified Companies
- Connect with your AgSafe Advisor or Regional Safety Consultant.Note: This is to ensure the company has a health and safety management system that meets AgSafe’s Large COR audit standard.
- Contact an AgSafe approved External Auditor to conduct AgSafe's COR certification audit.Note: A company can train a permanent employee through AgSafe's Internal Auditor Training Program, for maintenance audit years only.
- External Auditor submits the Certification Audit to AgSafe for a quality assurance review.
- If the Certification Audit meets the audit requirements (minimum 80% overall with at least 50% in each element), a Large COR Certificate may be issued.Note: The COR Certificate is valid for 3 years, providing annual maintenance audit requirements are met.
Becoming COR certified validated everyone's hard work and gave us a sense of recognition
- Justin Hochstrasser,
Our AgSafe rep has been an inspiration and a great mentor on this journey to achieving our COR goal!
- Fran Guliker,
Maintaining COR Certification Status
- Conduct a Large COR Maintenance Audit.
- Submit the Maintenance Audit to AgSafe for a quality assurance review.
- Based on your Maintenance Audit, continue to work on improving your Health and Safety Management Program.
Re-certifying COR Certification
When your company has an established Health and Safety Management Program in place and would like to initiate the COR Audit process. Please download the “Notice of Audit Activities” form to fill out and send in to email@example.com.
Note: The Notice of Audit Activities form should be submitted two weeks prior to starting the audit.
The Audit Report is a comprehensive document, and includes items such as the Documentation Summary, Interview Questions, Auditor Observations, and more.
For your convenience the following documents are also available to download individually: